Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Canvas mounted Photos

I had some friends over the other night to do some crafting. Our project was mounting photos on canvas. I'm really pleased with how mine turned out, and we all had fun crafting together. 

You will need:
  • A photo and canvas about the same size. Mine were both 8"x10"
  • Mod Podge
  • A foam brush
  • Pretty scrapbook paper
  • Craft Paint
  • A staple gun
  • Ribbon
All I did was cover the canvas with a thin coat of mod podge even the sides and let it dry. Then I cut strips of scrapbook paper that would fit on the sides of the canvas (The sides that will be perpendicular to the wall.) And I cut the photo so that it would be slightly smaller than the canvas. About an 1/8th of an inch on all sides.

Then I used Mod Podge to stick the paper to the sides.  I put Mod Podge under and on top of the paper.


I did the same thing with the picture. Mod Podge under and over the photo. It will look cloudy before the Mod Podge dries. Don't worry, it dries clear. Then to cover all the seams I took a small amount of craft paint on a dry sponge brush and made a vignette around the picture. This is the only part I am not 100% happy with. I might work with the paint a bit more later to smooth it out or something.


Then I used the staple gun to attach the ribbon to the back to hang the canvas from. Here it is all finished and hung up on the wall in our bedroom.


Here it is with a little more context of the room. I love it!



Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment