Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bathroom Revamp Part V- Paint progress + Some details

Well folks, the bathroom is very near completion, but I don't want to ruin the surprise until all of the pieces are together. Hopefully I will have a full reveal here on Monday, but for now allow me to whet your appetite with these fun details of the space.

When I left you last I was distraught over the paint color being too bold. Allow me to remind you:


 Well after some trial and error we ended up adding an entire quart of white paint to the remaining 1/2 gallon of blue.

As you can see...not much change, but we went with it. I'm still not 100% sold, but it is growing on me. Especially now that we are adding accessories.

Speaking of accessories one of my favorites went up last night. The clock! A clock in the bathroom is a must have for me. It can be small or big, I just need to know what time it is when I'm getting ready or I will be late for work. 


This picture also gives a pretty accurate idea of the paint color. It is so hard to capture true to life colors!

Here's a close up of the clock. I love how it is simple and sort of modern and funky. I've never seen one like it. It was a gift from my sister. (Thanks, Spanky!) It is from a company called Karlsson. It came with several other colors of cubes and you can arrange them however you want. I decided to just use four to keep it really simple. Mr. Mayhem decided that the cubes should be different heights and took the hacksaw to them.


The second little detail project that I finished up this weekend was painting the inside of the vanity!


I know most people will never see it, but I will every time I reach for my hair dryer, and it makes me happy. I included the middle photo only because I was so surprised when I pulled off the floral wall paper to reveal lime green paint wowzers!

Well there is a little tease for you all until I can post the final reveal, before/after post of the bathroom. Check back soon! We will be finishing the shelf above the door and framing the mirror, then it is all done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment