Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Colorado Getaway

Last weekend Mr. Mayhem and I headed out to CO for a long weekend to visit our friends Matt and Hilary


And to take in the sights.


We had a wonderful time touring around, visiting, shopping, and hiking. Since this is a design blog I will stick to the design themed portions of the trip. The first decor stop was my first trip to a Home Goods. I even took a picture to commemorate the occasion.


Mr. Mayhem said I looked like a tourist taking a picture of the store. Two things about Home Goods that I did not know 1) it is just a TJ Maxx on steroids. 2) if you knock over an entire shelf of stuff they don't make you pay for the broken stuff. Yes, I learned both from experience. It was delightful to browse around all the discounted merchandise. I walked away with this lovely mirror for my guest bedroom.


I haven't had a chance to hang it up yet, but when I do I'll let you see!


On Saturday while the men were playing football, Hilary and I went to the cutest craft show. It was Sugar Plum Bazaar and it was held in the Park Side Mansion in Denver. Everything was so charming. The weather was perfect and there were vendors out on the front porch all through the mansion and even in the carriage house out back.


We ooohed and ahhhhed through all 50 vendors, but at the end Hilary and I both went back to the same shop to make our purchases. We were smittened by Miss Olivia's Line of fused glass jewelry. I got these earrings.


Love them! And Hilary got a beautiful purple ring. She has an etsy shop if anyone is interested.

Mr. Mayhem's highlight of the trip was getting to eat at the original Chipotle restaurant. He struck the most Denveresque pose he could think of. Tebowing.


We had a wonderful time in CO and hope to visit again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment