Saturday, December 3, 2011

Deck the Halls Part II

Mama Mayhem gave me these Christmas wash cloths last year. Not in a here-is-your-Christmas-gift sort of way. More of a I-have-too-many-Christmas-towels-here-you-take-some sort of way. I really have no need for Christmas wash cloths, but I thought I would find something to do with them.
While eating turkey with cousin Paula over Thanksgiving, she mentioned a project she had done which involved framing her parent's original, from their wedding, 40-year-old towels as art for her bathroom. How clever! This inspired me to frame some terry cloth, and those Christmas wash cloths became my first victim project. After a quick trip to the dollar to store (or as I like to call it "the dolla store") to get some frames, I was ready to go.

I used the frame back as a guide and cut with my rotary cutter. (Scissor would also work here)


I also cut around the Christmas designs. Then, layered the two in the frame.




I put the back back on and viola --the finished product.


I think they are super charming and really fit well with the rest of my holiday decor. Here are some close ups!

What about you? Any fun Christmas crafts happening? Any unusual materials or sources of inspiration? 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love it. And after the holidays you could easily store the fabric and put something else in the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I love it!! You are so creative. I'm glad you put the wash cloths to good use. : ) Wish you lived closer to help me be so creative.

    ReplyDelete